As we know, Si is a semiconductor, the basis for building most semiconductor devices. It is a IV group element, characterised by the covalent…
Aim of the study element
To provide design basics of VLSI circuits and systems, and description of system platforms. To introduce the learner into logic synthesis, mapping, design, testing and verification principles.
Having successfully completed this element you will be able to:
- Understand the concet and basic principles of VLSI (Very Large Scale Integration) and its design flow.
- Be familiar with VLSI designs of MOS transistors, logic circuits and FPGAs.
- Understand the main principles of modelling and optimisation for VLSI circuits and systems.
- VLSI Introduction .
- MOS theory and CMOS processing technology.
- Circuit simulations.
- Combinational and sequential circuit designs.
- Datapath, array and special purpose subsystems.
- Tools and VLSI methodology.
- Testing, debugging and verification.
A CMOS gate is a system consisting of a pMOS pull-up network connected to the output 1 (or VDD) and nMOS pull-down network, connected…
There are a few CMOS formation technologies: 1. P-well process 2. N-well process 3. Twin-well process 4. Triple-well process P-well and n-well processes are…