The creation of integrated circuits is a very responsible task as all the systems should work sustainably during billions of cycles. One of the…
Category: VLSI Design
Aim of the study element
To provide design basics of VLSI circuits and systems, and description of system platforms. To introduce the learner into logic synthesis, mapping, design, testing and verification principles.
Having successfully completed this element you will be able to:
- Understand the concet and basic principles of VLSI (Very Large Scale Integration) and its design flow.
- Be familiar with VLSI designs of MOS transistors, logic circuits and FPGAs.
- Understand the main principles of modelling and optimisation for VLSI circuits and systems.
- VLSI Introduction .
- MOS theory and CMOS processing technology.
- Circuit simulations.
- Combinational and sequential circuit designs.
- Datapath, array and special purpose subsystems.
- Tools and VLSI methodology.
- Testing, debugging and verification.
Layout design rules
This post covers introduction to layout design rules. Layout design rules are introduced in order to create reliable and functional circuits on a small…
This post tells about the antenna effect in VLSI and antenna rules in VLSI. During a real manufacturing process some undesirable effects can occur.…