Let's consider the electric machine in Figure 1 (with windings as shown). Let's assume that the winding coils contain three-phase voltage. The picture showing…
Aim of the study element
To introduce the principles of electromechanical energy conversion, to give a description of the most important electromechanical devices, and an explanation on how to characterise and use them for a given application.
Having successfully completed this element you will be able to:
- Analyse the energy characteristics of electric circuits.
- To characterise solenoid characteristics and its functions in a circuit, and to use linear analysis for electromechanical tranducers.
- To understand the energy conversion process in circuits.
- To understand the principles of operation of AC and DC motors and generators.
- To calculate and interpret the data of electric machines.
- To understand and describe the characteristics of some single-phased, switch reluctance and other motors.
- To select the appropriate motor for a particular application.
- Principles of electromechanics.
- Introduction to electric machines.
- Special electric machines.
The complete content for this module will be posted here soon.
In the previous chapters we learned the operating principles of electric and magnetic fields. Elelctromagnetic forces are used to produce mechanical effects in the…
A Linear Variable Differential Transformer (LVDT) is a displacement transducer, used to measure displacement, based on the effect of the mutual inductances. It is…
This magnetic structure is very simple due to its consistency and is very wide spread in the application of measuring linear and angular velocity.…
An example of a rotating machine is depicted in Figure 1. It consists of a stator, rotor and the air gap between them. Also…
The schematic of a DC machine is depicted in Figure 1. As you can see it has magnetic poles on both stator and rotor.…
An induction motor is a type of electric machine. Here the stator coils produce a magnetic field, and this magnetic field induces a current,…