Definition of complex number A Complex number is a pair of real numbers (x;y). Its algebraic form is z=x+i*y, where i is an imaginary…
Category: Mathematics for Engineering
Mathematics for Engineers: Preface
Aim of the study element
To effectively use mathematics for solving engineering problems complex numbers, vectors, integral and differential calculus, matrices and differential equations.
Having successfully completed this element you will be able to:
- Use basic concepts of complex numbers, vectors, integral and differential calculus, matrices and differential equations in application to engineering.
- Resolve engineering problems using mathematical tools.
- Analyse and resolve complex engineering problems, combining basic mathematical concepts.
- Select and use proper mathematical tools for the solution of problems in circuits.
- Complex numbers.
- Integral and differential calculus.
- Matrices and operations.
Complex numbers 2
Let's suggest a function y=f(x) that is defined on the interval (a,b). Choose a point x on the interval (a,b), and another point x+∆x…
Differentiability, differential of a function and integral
If function y=f(x) has a derivative in the point x: lim∆x→0 ∆y∆x=f' (x) Let's introduce the function: α(x)=∆y∆x-f' (x)=f(x+∆x)-f(x)∆x-f' (x) Function α(x) exists with the…
Solve this quiz and write your answers in comments. Exercise 1. Calculate: a. 5-1i3+i;b. (7+2i)-(3-2i)+(11+i)-(17-3i);c. (2+i)*(5-2i)+(6+13i)*(7-i);d. -13+6i2-i+ (8-i5+2i)2 Exercise 2. Calculate: Re(12-i6+3i), Im(-2i5+i) Exercise 3. Find all…