Single-phase full-wave diode rectifier Single-phase diode rectifier, converting ac signal into a dc voltage, exist in two types - half-wave and full-wave one. Half-wave…
Power Electronics: Preface
Aim of the study element
To introduce students to the principles of selection of power electronic devices, and to explain the concepts of their interaction. To introduce a learner to the principles of characterisation and design of power electronics devices and systems.
Having successfully completed this element you will be able to:
- Understand properties and characteristics of power electronic devices, like converters, transformers and others.
- Integrate power electronic devices into a circuit, based on the system requirements and conditions.
- Analyse circuits with power devices.
- Make the proper selection of power components for circuits.
- Understand characteristics and performance of power elements and components.
- Characterise topology of converters, inverters and magnetics.
- Classification of power electronic devices.
- Classification of power electronic circuits.
- Power amplifiers.
- Voltage regulators.
- Electric motor drivers.
Three-phase diode rectifier convert AC balanced signal into stable DC signal where power output is higher than 15kW. Three-phase diode rectifiers can be two…
Rectifiers are used for creating the smooth DC output voltage, for this purpose there is usually filters are used in rectifiers. This systems can…
This post describes the topic: "What is line-commutated single-phase half-wave rectifiier". Last posts described single-phase rectifier using diodes. Another configuration of line-commutated single-phase half-wave…
This post answers the question "What is line-commutated single-phase bridge rectifier?". Bridge rectifier can be fully controlled with four thyristors and half-controlled with two…
This post answers the question: "What is line-commutated three-phase rectifier?". As we know from previous post, these rectifiers are used to convert a fixed…