An opportunity has arisen for a graduate with a science or engineering degree to be part of the team at SICK.
SICK is a supplier of sensor technology, delivering solutions across all industrial sectors. Its sensor solutions are used in machine and factory automation, driverless industrial vehicles, robotics, supply chain logistics, and many more. Very little that you use in daily life has not been observed by a SICK sensor at some point in its journey to you.
The successful candidate for this role will gain valuable experience in the technical and commercial aspects of the industrial automation market.
You will be on a rotation programme in the commercial and engineering teams, gaining experience in multiple business units which will ultimately lead to an exciting and rewarding career with SICK.
You will be visiting customers in multiple industries from logistic distribution centres to automotive manufacturing companies. Your competence will grow by assisting team members in understanding customer requirements, defining solutions while supporting the sales cycle and deployment. It is a challenging but exciting opportunity that requires a diverse skill set.
This is a one-year placement for an Electronic Engineering graduate (with a view to going permanent), it will be mutually agreed which area the individual will be placed in at the end of the programme.
The candidate will ideally be able to start in October 2023.
- You will be based in St Albans within the internal sales team
- Rotating between the technical, sales and system applications teams
- Experiencing multiple industries through customer visits
What SICK is looking for
- Engineering or Science graduate or equivalent
- Imaginative and creative
- Confident communicator
- Commercial awareness/interest
- Drive & energy
- A proven work ethic through part-time work/ hobbies
- Willing to travel within the UK and occasionally Europe
- UK driving licence
Benefits at SICK UK
- Rotation around different areas of the business
- 23 days annual leave increase by one extra day, after the first completed year of service. Up to a maximum of 27 days per annum
- Social committee, with regular social events taking place
- Early finish on a Friday
- Pension plan
- Life Assurance
- Salary : up to £28,000 p.a.
- Annual bonus – up to 18%
If you are interested in this opportunity, and meet the requirements, then please apply 31st August 2023.
Email Suzanne Roussel firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure you include the following:-
- A covering letter explaining why you are interested in this opportunity
- An up-to-date copy of your CV