The Technical University of Munich (TUM) ranks among the world’s best 50 universities in 11 subjects and in five subjects is among the top 25. These are some of the results of the latest “QS World University Rankings by Subject”.
To compile its rankings, the British recruitment firm QS surveys companies and researchers on the quality of universities. It also analyzes the number of citations of scientific papers as a measure of their importance. The indicators are assigned weightings based on the culture of the various subject areas.In thelatest edition, TUM moved up in some fields and achieved the following rankings:
• Physics & Astronomy: 17 (in Germany: 1)
• Electrical Engineering: 20 (in Germany: 1)
• Agriculture & Forestry: 23 (in Germany: 3)
• Chemistry: 23 (in Germany: 1)
• Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering: 25 (in Germany: 2)
Source: “TUM among top 50 universities in 11 subjects”, Klaus Becker, TUM