QinetiQ is offering a great opportunity through one of its Early Careers programmes. The company is continually seeking exceptional individuals to become members of the team, whether you are embarking on the journey of your first career or contemplating a career transition.
You’ll become a valued member of the Radar and Electronic Warfare (EW) team, which has expertise in the UK that has been cultivated over 80 years.
The company has many engaging positions across a diverse spectrum of technology domains. These encompass sensor design and the operation of demonstrator systems, advancing algorithm research and development, encompassing innovative signal processing, machine learning, and deep learning methodologies, all the way to dedicated customer support endeavours.
Successful applicants will have the choice to specialise in either Radar or EW or to enjoy the flexibility of working across both domains as per your preference.
Engaging in these activities empowers customers to harness emerging technologies, enhance the performance of sensors and systems, and receive expert guidance for the procurement and testing of cutting-edge Radar and EW capabilities. These experiences will enable you to cultivate skills and expertise spanning the realms of Radar and EW.
What will you be doing?
- Apply your scientific/engineering/technical expertise and knowledge on a variety of assignments requiring the integration of a range of skills and knowledge
- There is a variety of live customer projects giving a choice of tasks, all requiring technical solutions that meet business and customer requirements.
- Undertake scientific research with a chance to attend international conferences and present papers
- Develop solutions using your coding skills in Matlab and/or Python
- Work directly with customers to understand their needs and requirements, ensuring successful delivery and helping identify new business
- Follow an internal development scheme that will support progression to chartered status with an appropriate professional body
- Promote innovation, inventiveness, and standards of excellence within the delivery and/or capture teams.
You will need to have obtained a degree with a key focus on any of the disciplines listed below:
- Other STEM subjects including Electronic/RF Engineering and Signal Processing
- Have a strong interest and/or experience of solving difficult problems
- Passionate about scientific research
- Want to develop a deep technical specialism
For more information and to apply, click here.