An opportunity has arisen to join AMETEK, Inc., a global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices, as an application engineer apprentice.
With 2021 sales of approximately $5.5 billion, AMETEK has 18,500 colleagues at more than 150 operating locations, and a global network of sales, service, and support locations in 30 countries around the world.
The company’s mission is to solve customers’ most complex challenges with differentiated technology solutions.
You will be part of a team working under your own initiative, fabricating, and inspecting various standard and custom products to established procedures.
The primary purpose of the role is to work alongside existing multi discipline Application Engineers to engineer and progress orders from the sales department through the production facility to the customer.
The role will require you to interface with sales, product development, and production areas of the business to ensure projects of varying complexity are completed on time and within budget.
The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate an ability to advance projects under their own initiative whilst working within a team of engineers sharing common goals.
- Review of customer purchase orders, technical specifications, and commercial documents
- Participation in the contract review process
- Production of detail engineering calculations from common existing templates
- Generation of sketch drawings
- Checking and approving design drawings produced by CAD personnel
- Generation of Bills of Materials
- Production of Quality Plans, Project Plans and Supplier Document Register
- Production of manufacturing procedures and test specifications from existing templates
- Liaison with customers and sub vendors regarding technical and commercial aspects
- Witnessing of 3rd party testing at sub contractors works
- Providing after sales assistance to the customer after despatch
- Reporting project progress to senior management
- Involvement in product and process improvement / cost reduction activities
- Strong communication
- Attention to detail
- Organisational skills
- Problem solving
- Team Work
Experience, professional qualifications, and personal requirements
- Able to use Microsoft Office Programs/O365
- Numerical and Analytical skills
- GSCE Minimum for Maths and English – C/4
- A high level of commitment, initiative, and self-motivation are essential in this role.
More information and to apply for the role, click here.