React Engineering, specialising in decommissioning has launched its 2022 intake for an expanded student employment scheme to help young people in the light of the pandemic.
React Engineering has launched React Futures – an initiative to give this year’s sixth form school leavers a flying start to their careers by offering them a job, a salary to help them through university, and hands-on work experience.
React, based in Cleator Moor, has enjoyed 27 successful years of solving complex challenges in decommissioning, mainly in the nuclear sector, and has always put providing career opportunities for young people at the heart of its business.
With the COVID-19 pandemic having restricted opportunities for students – many having work experience cancelled and facing difficulty accessing long-term career opportunities – React decided to relaunch its previously highly successful employment scheme for sixth form leavers.
React Futures, which is open to students leaving sixth form this summer and planning to go to university, will offer students:
- A job with React from day one, giving them valuable work experience which many have struggled to obtain during the pandemic
- A year in industry with React before they go to university
- An attractive annual salary throughout their university years
- Work experience at React during summer holidays while at university
- A full-time job at React after graduation
- Continuous professional development during their employment at React towards attaining Chartered status in their chosen field
React Managing Director Phil Redfern said: “We know that the pandemic has added another layer of complexity for young people in how best to pursue the academic and career path which is right for them and at a time when they are thinking about their university applications we hope this provides them with clarity as well as a great opportunity to gain some vital work experience.
“The success of React is built on our people and we are committed to continuing to recruit talent into the business to help us grow and develop.”