Hand-picked products are sure to please any engineer on your holiday list.
Farnell element14, the Development Distributor, is making it easy to find the perfect gift for even the hardest to shop for engineer this holiday season with handpicked gifts for engineers of all ages and abilities, from those with decades of experience to those just starting out.
“Picking out the right gift for the engineer on your list need not be a stressful time,” says Ankur Tomar, Technical Marketing Manager at Premier Farnell and Farnell element14. “Farnell element14 aims to simplify the gift-giving process by making it easy for shoppers to delight engineers, develop their skills, and turn their ideas into reality. Whether you’re shopping for a gadget collector, budding engineer, hobbyist, or professional, Farnell element14 is one-stop-shop for finding something they’re sure to love.”
Fun gifts for the young engineer:
- CODEBUG Development Board: A fun, engaging entry-level introduction to the world of coding, physical computing and electronics that’s shaped like a ladybug.
- micro:bit wear:it Development Kit: Build it, code it and wear it! This kit includes everything young engineers need to power their first wearable technology project. The versatile micro:bit enclosure is designed for mobile applications and can be used with a wrist strap, keyring or lanyard.
- MARTY the robot: A fully programmable, Wi-Fi enabled robot who can walk , turn, dance and react to his environment. This educational kit is great for kids, makers and educators.
Essential kits for every maker, designer and engineer:
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ Starter Kit: A complete kit including power supply, enclosure and SD card to get started developing with the latest Raspberry Pi.
- Raspberry Pi Desktop: A revolutionary set of accessories to convert your Raspberry Pi into a functional desktop computer with Wi-Fi, Ethernet, Bluetooth, Real Time Clock, Camera and SSD. The new Pi Desktop displays to an HDMI interface for an authentic PC experience.
- Creality CR-10S 3D Printer: A low cost solution to 3D printing for any maker or hobbyist.
Tools and accessories for the maker who seems to have it all:
- Raspberry Pi Camera Board: An image sensor custom designed to add-on to the Raspberry Pi. Perfect for any projects that require the capturing of images with Raspberry Pi.
- Matrix Voice: An open-source voice recognition platform for the Raspberry Pi that provides developers with the opportunity to integrate custom voice & hardware-accelerated machine learning technology right onto the silicon.
- Bitscope Oscilloscope & Logic Analyzer: A full featured mixed signal oscilloscope, test and measurement system that is perfect for an experienced maker or engineer.