Nanotechnology is a technology in the nanoscale. Nanotechnology can be applied to different fields like physics, chemistry, biology and particularly nanoelectronics. Nanoelectronics deals with…
Aim of the study element
To provide an introduction to nanoscale electronics, its concepts, devices, effects and applications.
Having successfully completed this element you will be able to:
- Clearly understand the concepts of modern nanoscale electronics.
- Familiarise yourself with nanosystem behaviours and effects.
- Analyse nanoscale devices and system dynamics and variability.
- Introduction to nanoelectronics.
- Fundamental quantities.
- Nanoscale components: two terminal quantum dot and wire devices.
- Analysis of behaviour, variability and noise of nanosystems and scaled components.
The complete content for this module will be posted here soon.
MEMS (Micro Electro-Mechanical Systems) technology is a technology for creation of microscopic integrated devices and systems of devices, combining mechanical and electrical components. MEMS…
As mentioned before MEMS can be fabricated with three following methods: bulk micromachining, surface micromachining, and high-aspect ratio micromachining (HARM). MEMS fabrication is based…
Photovoltaic (PV) systems are electrical systems, converting the energy from sunlight into electrical energy. This technology showed up at the beginning of the last century,…
CVD (or Chemical Vapour Deposition) of a solid on a heated surface from a chemical reaction in a vapour phase. This is a process…