Literally every engineering task requires the measurement of some physical quantity and converting it to an electrical quantity. The devices that can help in…
Electronic Measurements and Tools: Preface
Aim of the study element
To introduce the principles of measurng electronic devices, and basic instrumentation systems. To familiarase students with physicals sensors, techniques for appropriate wiring and grounding, digital-to-analogue and reverse data conversion.
Having successfully completed this element you will be able to:
- Be familiar with sensors and tranducers that are commonly used in electrical measurements.
- Have the knowledge of how to make proper electrical connections, and be familiar with wiring techniques.
- Have knowledge of grounding techniques.
- Be able to construct an electrical connection, understanding its noise impact and reduce interference.
- Have the knowledge of analogue-to-digital and reverse conversion, and other ICs used in instrumentation for measurement and data transmission.
- Measurement systems.
- Wiring and grounding.
- Signal conditioning.
- Timing circuits.
- Analogue–to–digital, Digital-to-analogue
- Other instrumentation IC
The complete content for this module will be posted here soon.
A Comparator is a circuit with two, inverting or non-inverting terminals and an output that collides from rail to rail. A comparator should have…
As we know the capacitance of a parallel-plates capacitor is determined by the formula C=εadwhere a is the plate square, d is a distance between plates,…
These types of transducer are used to measure force, pressure and acceleration. These sensors contain a piezoelectric element that generates the electric charge in…
A digital position encoder is a sensor that generates a digital signal that is proportional to the position of the device. The most frequent…
During circuit design it is important to make a proper connection between different circuit elements to avoid effects like screening, noise and others. Let's…
As we discussed before, the first step towards a proper measurement system is shielded, grounded and wired signals. The next step is conditioning –…
Digital-to-analogue (DAC) conversion converts binary words into voltage or current signal. And it's extreme values correspond to the 0s and 1s of binary code.…