The basic idea of a digital concept is discretion. The idea is to cut single values of a signal corresponding to the discrete-times of…
Digital Systems and Design: Preface
Aim of the study element
To provide an introduction to digital systems, and their real-world applications, explain digital logic and microprocessor basics, introduce memory architecture, and the design of a complex digital systems. To provide knowledge about computer architecture and logic design.
Having successfully completed this element you will be able to:
- Understand digital system concepts and implementation.
- Know how a computer works as a real system.
- Understand and build digital systems.
- Understand and apply logic design methodologies and technologies, networking technologies and logic devices.
- Understand computer architecture and logic design.
- Fundamentals of analogue systems and devices (reference to previously material).
- Digital circuit fundamentals.
- Advanced digital systems.
- Digital system design using Verilog.
The complete content for this module will be posted here soon.
Combinational gates are the way to represent logic functions. A combinational gate is a function of the inputs, creating a specific output. The truth…
The Sum of products is the logic expression that use AND operates, with two or more variables, combined with an OR function. An example…
As we discussed before, the output voltage for the MOSFET amplifier is non-linear towards the input voltage: vout=VS-K(vDS-VTh)22RL. Figure 1 shows the MOSFET amplifier…
For the MOSFET amplifier, input and output voltages of the MOSFET should work in the saturation region of the transference characteristics. The SR model…